I’ve had a very productive year at least in the background. I know there haven’t been a lot of site updates but I’ve got lots of big projects brewing and I don’t like to post novels as works in progress (as you know). This policy is one reason why I really enjoy posting in episode format. It made posting big works like (Sentinels of Atlantis and Harry Potter & the Soulmate Bond) much easier to manage. Still, there is something pretty righteous about putting together a novel like Courting Hermione Granger — it is an entirely different experience than writing a series of episodes.
Writing my fic for QB has really allowed me to stretch myself in the novel format and explore a story from a different angle. I wish I could talk more about it! LOL. You can bet your ass after it’s posted that I’ll be talking about it so much I’ll probably need an intervention.
I’ve moved my word count meters off the front page and I’ve created a static page for them. I’ll be adding more WIP counters in the future so you can check that out if you’re ever interested in knowing where I’m at fandom-wise.
We’re doing a Mutant AU challenge for National Novel Writing Month on Rough Trade and sign-ups start on October 1, 2018. I’m heading back into the Stargate fandom for my project and will be writing a triad fic with John Sheppard/Miko Kusanagi/Rodney McKay. It’s called Patient Zero. I’m still in the plotting stages but I’m pretty pleased with the work I’ve done so far.
I did my own art for the challenge! I’m deeply in love with the new collage site I found (fotojet.com) and I highly recommend you try it out!
*Note that July projects will be cleared off Rough Trade on October 1st so this weekend is your last chance to read before everything clears off. I’ve already posted my projects to my site but I make no guarantees regarding other authors and their work.
I’m nearly finished with my QB project and I’m very pleased with the work I’ve done on it. I expect it to be around 130k which is well over the required limit of 50k but when I ever been anything but very, very wordy when it comes to fixing shit? I love fix-it fics. They’re my bread and butter in fandom. I’m really looking forward to reading everyone’s projects. October 31st is the drop-dead date to sign up if you’re a writer so you still have time to join the challenge! www.quantumbang.org.
- Plot Drift: John Sheppard Time Travels
- Plot Drift: John Sheppard Time Travels Part II
- Plot Drift: Bilbo Baggins Travels In Time
- Bitch Craft: No Plan Survives Engagement
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 1
- World Building Ramifications
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 2
- Fandom & Junk: Mpreg, Rule 63, & Changing Perspectives
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 3
- Trope Drift: The Fix It – Part 2
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 4
- Fandom & Junk: Rule 63
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 6
- Bitch Craft: Choosing Your Story Format
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 7
- Plot Drift: Tony DiNozzo Time Travels
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 8
- Bitch Craft: The Redemption Arc
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 9
- Bitch Craft: Desecrating Your Unicorn
- Fandom & Junk: The Quantum Bang
- Bitch Craft: How To Get Your Groove Back
- Quantum Bang – Alpha & Beta Readers
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 10
- Trope Drift: The Mutant AU
- The Writer’s Table – Episode 11